Australian Munitions’ 7.62 mm F4 ball ammunition is designed for superior performance with 7.62 mm calibre weapons and is equivalent to the US M80 style cartridge. The projectile of the cartridge consists of an alloyed lead/antimony core encased in a full gilding metal jacket. Australian Munitions’ 7.62 mm F4 ball ammunition is manufactured at our Benalla munitions facility and its performance is optimised for use with:
- GPMG MAG 58 - 7.62 mm general purpose machine gun
- FN Minimi LMG - 7.62 mm light machine gun.
- Length of complete round: 71.1 mm (max)
- Cartridge mass: 24.3 g (nominal)
- Propellant: Single base propellant
- Primer: Lead Styphnate base, boxer type
- Projectile: Full Metal Jacket (Gilding metal and lead core construction)
- Projectile mass: 9.4 g (nominal)
Australian Munitions’ 7.62 mm F4 ball ammunition employs a specially designed single base propellant. The propellant is primarily nitrocellulose with added stabiliser and ballistic moderants. The propellant has extremely clean burning characteristics and is an excellent replacement for those propellants that exhibit weapon fouling. The propellant maintains excellent repeatability over a working temperature range.
Our 7.62 mm F4 ball ammunition offers superior reliability and performance in 7.62 mm calibre, rifles in particular the 7.62 mm calibre GP MAG 58 machine gun and FN Minimi LMG.
The 7.62 mm F4 ball ammunition will be shipped in packages conforming to UN recommendations for packaging of dangerous goods. The packages are classified as Hazard Division 1.4S, UN Number 0014. Proper shipping name - Cartridges, Small Arms.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 9332153001926UPC: 9332153001926Width: 3.07 (in)Height: 154.00 (in)Depth: 5.91 (in)